03 August 2010

itz my hair an you cant haz it

So, chemo, you want to take my hair? Well suck eggs - I took my own hair!

The long and the short of it is this: my cancer is back. Old cancer, new location.

Not.

Good.

Because of my past radiation treatments, surgery is out. This is the one bright spot. Radiation this time is likely also out, although I’m waiting to get the official word on that. The only definite course of action will be chemo and lots of it. This time won’t be like last time. This time, I won’t be able to pretend that everything’s alright. This time, I will be sick. This time, I will lose my hair.

(Ha! Beat you to that one...)

I’m hoping to be accepted into a clinical trial being held at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. My Auntie lives not far from there, and my Mom is staying with her for a while, so I’d be able to be with both of them and Miss Katie Bear. Yes, it would be a big pain in the tuchus to leave my job and pack up my apartment and move away. But given the circumstances, it makes the most sense.

This Friday, I have the lovely - LOVELY - task of getting another port. In case you’ve forgotten what a delight that was, click here to take a walk down that particular memory lane.

Next week, I hope to meet with Dr F who will tell me definitively if I’m getting a boost of radiation or not.

And after that, I might be holed up in my little 1-bedroom all alone for six miserable months. Then again, I might be pahking my cah in a different garahge. Who knows?

Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

DO NOT like the latest news...
LOATHE the latest news.

Comforted by thought that you might
be with Mom and Auntie...best place in the world under the circumstances.

Wish you were headed for a different PORT of call, for sure.

Wish you would get a BOOST of energy, morale, wages, height, even, but yuk, not radiation.

Our love and prayers are with you, Tinkerbell.

LOVE THE NEW 'DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CopyCat62982 said...

Sorry to hear this, Linda. I'll definitely be praying for you.

PS~ Love your lolcatz title. ;-)

Terri Haslego said...

Linda, Love the new 'do, also your bravery and humor! I know you will fight the battle and beat this back once again. I pray you get accepted into the clinical trial. It would be great for you to be with your Mom and Aunt through this.

You are my hero Linda! You are a fighter and a survivor! Keep on bloggin', it helps all of us to understand what you're going through. We love you Sweetheart!

robbin said...

Hey chickie love the new do.....Thinking of you to...Dana is where you need to be. You are my Rockie Tinkerbell sounds too much like a fairy.....Let me know where you end up parking your car and leave room for that cutie pie of yours.....Love you bunches
Robbin

The Sheltie Herder said...

Thinking of you Cuzzo.
If you need your car moved...or other things moved call me. I can likely help out with that.
I like Linda's short hair!

If and when you lose it, they might be looking for the "V-GER" lady for the next Star Trek movie. You would have my vote.

Stay Up
J

Jasminebuttrfly said...

Holy Cow Batman! That makes me very sad. :-( I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I'm going to pray for you!!! I miss your friendship and hope that this works!!!!

Stay strong,
Tracey