29 November 2010

mizery lovez company

Sometimes, even the most chipper of us have a bad day. Sometimes, we have a few bad days in a row. And that is where I am.

This treatment cycle - number four was on November 23 - has been particularly rough. I don’t know if it is because the holidays are upon us and it makes me sad to be sick at this time of year. I don’t know if it is because I’m just getting mentally worn down and sick of being sick. I don’t know if it is because the cumulative effects of my chemo are making it worse as time goes by. I suspect it’s a combination of all three.

So, positive upbeat optimistic defiant funny little me has been, in a word, miserable. How miserable? So freaking miserable that I’m fantasizing about how lovely it would be if I could just puke. I literally close my eyes and remember fondly days of food poisoning when I could just throw up until I felt better. But as I have said many a time, I was blessed(?) with a strong constitution, and therefore:
I. Do. Not. Puke.

Funny story. When this whole process got started, my biggest fear would be that I would in a state of constant vomit. I had nightmares about it. I worried about what I could eat that wouldn’t be too gross when it came back up. And now? F-that. Now, all I wish for is the ability to purge all the bad feelings away. (In retrospect, not a funny story at all.)

But I know this will pass. I will have better days. I will smile and laugh and be happy again. I will enjoy the company of my BFF when she gets here in two days for a visit. And I will, eventually, write another quippy feel-good blog that you will be glad you read!

Until then...

6 comments:

Donna G. Cooper said...

:-( You will feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

If only a virtual reality PUKE session would alleviate the bad days...

Fondly hoping/wishing/praying that you will feel better.

YOU. ARE. A. PRECIOUS. PERSON.

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass. Hopefully the BAD cells are having a worse time than the good ones.

robbin said...

Feel better Linda keep taking adorable photos of that dog with hats I think you could make quite the calender.....

Jasminebuttrfly said...

I know I haven't seen you in forever and we don't talk too often, but I still love you Linda and will send every healing energy I have your way.

This too shall pass! Imagine 36% already what's this next one going to do. :-) Oh the Joy when you win!

Anonymous said...

Linda: By the time you read this comment, I'm hoping your "puking wish" will be over and you will be feeling better! I pray for you daily and just know that you will conquer!!!!!!! We love you so much. Emilie and Bill