20 October 2008

cry and the world cries with you...

Ever have one of those days? When the slightest thing might make you cry? When you can't seem to get rid of the headache that doesn't seem quite bad enough for meds? When you're just hungry enough to want food, but just icky feeling enough that no food sounds appealing?

Well, that's my day. Welcome to Monday, October 20.

I spent a nice weekend with my sister Julie. She was a good sport - didn't mind reading while I slept off the anesthesia leftover from Wednesday's surgery. We did have a nice time buying guppies, which I have repeatedly dreamed about since.

As you remember, the result of my surgery was that it was pointless - there was nothing adhering my small bowel to my uterus. In fact, my small bowel was free to move about whenever and wherever it wanted. So today's plan was to have a CT-scan tilted at a 5° angle toward my head to see if my bowel drifted away from my uterus. And lo and behold, it did!

So I'll be proceeding as planned with Wednesday's Brachytherapy, just with a little tilt to make things work a little easier on my insides.

This week, I am on a break from my other treatments: I'll start back with daily radiation and weekly chemo on Monday. So with that, and including the extra radiations that Dr F would like to tack on the end, I should be finishing two weeks later than I had originally planned - by November 14. That is, as long as nothing else gets in the way.

This should make me happy. This should leave me feeling hopeful. But this is just one of those days that I can't shake the doldrums. I can't help it, today I just feel down.

But tomorrow will be a new day and I'll be back to my old chipper self again. Back to the pithy, witty hillarity that you've all grown used to over the past months.

Back to me :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda,
It's good to see that you feel free to share the down-in-the-dumps days.
It's therapeutic...sucky, but therapeutic.
You see, we love all of you--the doldrums you (which is rare) and the witty, pithy, hilarious you (which is your normal persona.)
Hope they don't hang you by your ankles for too long!
May happy sprinkles of Tinkerbell dust surround you. Love, JO

Anonymous said...

My sweet Linda, Oh, how I understand those blue days, everyone is allowed to have them once in a while, for different reasons. You have good reasons, and you have the courage to get over it.Each treatment you get is one less to go. I always keep you in thoughts and prayers Love you dearly, Mems

Jasminebuttrfly said...

I bet the Secret Life of Bees would cheer you up!!! Let me know when you want to go... unless there are too many germs in the theatre. I can bring lysol and spray down everything in front of you. :-) Just let me know.

With lots of love,
Yogi Girl

Anonymous said...

You certainly are entitled to some "blue" days! I think it's sort of good for you in a way, because if we never got "blue" how would we know when we're happy? That sound stupid, but think about it; we need something to compare something else to.
And you, my dear, have keep the chin up and the good nature more than I could have done, for sure. So have your blue day and I pray for you that Tuesday is a "pink, yellow and white" day - all happy, and healing colors.
Love you! Emilie