17 October 2008

no surgery is good surgery

Well, the best news is I'm home.

And the good news is that the sattelite collar is off my two headed dog! (see here)

And the other good news is that everything looks fabulous in my abdomen.

And even more good news is that Dr M went in laparoscopically through old incision sites so I won't have any new scars. And I don't have stitches, just superglue covered in steri-strips. (click for pic)

But the not-so-good news is that it turned out all for naught. There was nothing adhering my small bowel to my uterus. So no surgery was actually required. =C

And the bad news was that even though I had my port accessed and all ready to go, Dr M likes to have a back-up so I had to get an IV anyway. Ick!

I have an appointment with Dr F on Monday. He will do another CT-scan and see what that shows, and discuss our next step. I hope it doesn't involve getting Brachytherapy while standing on my head!

I'm not having too much pain. My abdomen is sore, but not too sore. The gas pains have not yet hit my shoulder, and when they do I hope they won't be as bad as last time since this surgery lasted about 1/4 of the time of that one. I had some nausea yesterday, but (knock wood) none so far today.

So overall, things are okay. I'm taking it easy today, looking forward to a weekend visit from my sister Julie, hoping to eat some solid food today (ya-hoo!).

Thank you all for the messages of support and love!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you're feeling pretty chipper today. I didn't comment on your title for the 10/15/08 blog, but I don't know where you come up with these descriptive and humorous headings.
Love,
Mom

Jasminebuttrfly said...

Kung-FU Fighting...da-nah-na-nan-nan-nah-nah-nahhhhhhhh!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Glad to hear that what the doctor saw through his laparoscope was normal...but to go through all that just to be told that you have fabulous-looking innards???!!!
Yuk. Yuk. Yuk.
Is John making a chef-i-licious meal for you?
With continued thoughts of encouragement and loving energy sent your way. MT Jeanne

Anonymous said...

My dearest Linda,
Good to hear about the positive news.
Sorry that you had to go through all that, but it served a purpose.
Some days are small steps, and others are giant steps, so it all evens up at the end.
Rest assured that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love you. Mems

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda
I am so glad to hear you are Ok after surgery--I didn't even know you were going under the knife again until today so I apologize for not saying good luck sooner. Yesterday was the first day back after my wonderful, peaceful vacation and needless to say things were a bit CRAZY but not as crazy as it was today! You are so missed at work but you are in my thoughts constantly and I know you are tough so everything will be OK.
Enjoy your sisters visit this weekend--hopefully we'll see you next week.
Take care
Danae

Anonymous said...

Linda: Whew! I was so relieved to hear that there is no surgery needed! I hope that you get a darned good meal to eat tonight!! I was thinking about you all day yesterday and was hoping to see your blog up and running with news today.....so thanks for the update and as always, we love you and pray for you. emilie (and of course Bill)

Kimie said...

I hope this means that they can once again step up your treatment?? I guess you will find out next week. Thinking about you lots.... xx K